2016 Political Hob Nob presented by the Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce and SUN 'n FUN
The Lakeland Area Chamber hosts the 2016 Political Hob Nob - the biggest event of the political season - on Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at the Aerospace Discovery at the Florida Air Museum at SUN ‘n FUN! The Hob Nob is an “old-fashioned” political rally that gives participants the opportunity to meet with candidates, discuss campaign issues, enjoy delicious BBQ from Carter's BBQ, libations from Bernie Little Distributors, and vote in a straw poll administered by the Office of the Polk County Supervisor of Elections - with results announced that evening at the close of the event.
Federal, state and local candidates will be invited to participate. The upcoming elections promise to be exciting and this event offers the community the perfect venue to meet the candidates and hear firsthand their positions on the many important issues facing our region.
Set in an air-conditioned hangar, complete with historic aircraft, interactive displays, and the personal aviation collection of Howard Hughes, this year's Hob Nob at the Aerospace Discovery at the Florida Air Museum promises to be memorable!
Candidates and organizations confirmed at the 2016 Political Hob Nob:
- "Rocky" Roque De La Fuente (D)
- Tony Khoury (NPA)
- Dennis A. Ross (R), District 15
Public Defender (Polk County)
- Rex Dimmig
State Senator (Polk County)
- Kelli Stargel (R), District 22
- Debra S. Wright (D), District 22
State Representative (Polk County)
- Neil Combee (R), District 39
- Colleen Burton (R), District 40
- Dr. Shandale Terrell (D), District 40
- Ben Albritton (R), District 56
County Judge (Polk County)
- Susan Barber, Group 8
- Carson Bassett, Group 8
- Bill Braswell, District 3
- J.C. Martin, District 3
- John Hall, District 5
- Marsha M. Faux
School Board (Polk County)
- Hunt Berryman, District 1
- Ed Shoemaker, District 1
- Billy Townsend, District 1
- Ronnie L. Clark, District 2
- Lori Cunningham, District 2
- Kevin Kitto, District 2
- Sara Beth Reynolds, District 4
- Rebekah Ricks, District 4
- Ed Smith, District 4
- Becky Troutman, District 4
- Republican Club of Lakeland
Sponsorship levels start at $1,000 with respective benefits per level. Tickets for the event are $20 each pre-sale, or $25 each at the door. Corporate “10-Packs” available for $180.
Deadline to register for the Candidate Package is July 26, 2016. Payment due at registration.