Name: Explorations V Children's Museum: Nod to Nonprofits Tour Series
Date: September 25, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EDT
Registration: Register Now
Join us at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 25, 2018, to learn more about Explorations V Children's Museum.
Explorations V Fun Facts
- The Roman numeral “V” in our name represents your 5 Senses!
- The name of the huge dragon hovering over the entranceway of the Museum is called DOT because she was named by the children, “Dragon Of Toys!”
- The Museum opened in 1991!
- The country’s first Children’s Museum was the Brooklyn Children’s Museum, founded in 1899!
- Explorations V is the only Children’s Museum in Polk County!
- Thousands of children have celebrated their birthday at Explorations V and placed their handprint on our party room walls. It’s time to add your handprint!
- Over 1,100 Museum Member Households have saved money by purchasing and enjoying a Museum Membership!
- It costs the Museum over $14/visitor to operate, yet admission fees are held to an affordable price and Museum board and staff must make up the difference through donations, grants and fundraising.
- The current Museum, housed in the historic Kress Building, is 6 times the size of the former Museum.
- The Museum now has a bus! For pickup for after-school programs, field trips and much more!