Finding Global Business Opportunities for Polk Companies
Polk Goes Global III: Attendees will Gain Insight on Conducting International Business
The Lakeland and Winter Haven Chambers, in collaboration with the Central Florida Development Council, is pleased to host Polk Goes Global III, a Half-Day International Exporting Conference.
This exciting and informative event highlights the economic strength of Polk County?s international trade in cattle, citrus, and other exports. The county is centrally located between major Florida ports, with a free trade zone in the middle of the Tampa/Orlando area, plus a CSX intermodal logistics center. Ideally situated, Polk County is a hot spot for international distribution. Over $2 billion worth of economic activity occurs through the county each year. Polk Goes Global is sure to provide a wealth of information to any businessperson or investor looking to take advantage of the worldwide reach of Polk County.
The International sponsor of the event is Saddle Creek Logistics Services; additional event sponsors include Orlando International Airport, Polk State College Lakeland Campus and SunTrust Bank. The Keynote Speaker will be Manny Mencia, SVP of International Trade and Business Development at Enterprise Florida. For over 30 years, Mencia has acquired extensive international trade expertise while serving at the Florida Department of Commerce in various executive roles (1977-1991) and then as vice president of World Marketing at The Beacon Council (1992-1996) before joining Enterprise Florida. His keynote address promises to offer attendees unique insight into the opportunities surrounding the global market.
There will also be a number of speakers and panelists to share their experiences on conducting international business in Polk County, including:
- Dr. David Befus, Professor of International Marketing and Economics at Southeastern University
- Sandra Campbell, Director at the U.S. Department of Commerce, Clearwater Center
- Torrey Chambliss, Manager of Foreign Trade Zone at Port Tampa Bay
- Mauro Costa, Managing Member of SOS Universal
- Rick Garcia, President of Gulf Coast Avionics
- Javier Marin, Director of Business Development & Trade, Central Florida Development Council
- Sandro Murtas, Regional Manager at the Small Business Administration
- Eileen Rodriguez, Director of the Small Business Development Center at USF
- Joel Sellers, International Sales Manager of Florida's Natural Growers
- Jennifer Simpson, Regional Director at the Eastern Region at EXIM Bank
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RE-SCHEDULED (FROM 9/15/17).