Located in Lakeland, FL
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for the inventory of the Warehouse and the daily transfer of HVAC freight and materials in a fast-paced environment. The ultimate goal of this role is to procure, process, and dispatch products to customers and vendors for one of our established wholesale HVAC distributorships that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Daily loading and unloading of products in truck for delivery to customers and/or other Sales Centers.
- Receive, inspect and stock all merchandise.
- Verify all items received to items ordered for accuracy.
- Pick and verify orders for customers and inter-office transfers. Prepare orders for shipment as needed.
- Responsible for daily checklist of truck and forklift maintenance.
- Assist management with inventory counts and provide daily upkeep of the Warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 1 year of Warehouse experience including forklift operation. Appliance lift experience is a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task and work within daily deadlines.
- Knowledge of common carrier (LTL) and full truckload logistics.
- Must communicate effectively with customers and provide superior service.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service mindset with the ability to develop long term relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong estimating skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- While performing the duties of this position, employee will work in warehouse/storeroom and sales center environments.
- Employee may be subjected to all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may use equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.