Customer Service Representative – Lakeland, FL Salary:
$17.50 per hour / $35,260 annually
Salary with a 220/2044 Florida Insurance License or equivalent: $19.50 per hour, $39,290 annually
Salary with a Bachelor’s Degree: $19.50 per hour, $39,290 annually
Salary with 220/2044 Florida Insurance License or equivalent AND Bachelor’s Degree: $20.00 per hour, $40,300 annually
When you grow, GEICO grows. And if you’re the kind of person who likes to solve problems and help others when they need it, you could be a perfect fit to grow your career with GEICO. We’re looking for Customer Service Professionals for our Lakeland, FL office. This role is for people who want to provide our policyholders the excellent customer service they want and need. You’ll be the first contact for our customers: answering billing questions, making policy changes, and providing recommendations. Join our team to deliver personalized service that demonstrates the value of being insured by GEICO. If you want a career with plenty of growth opportunities, let’s talk.
As a full-time Customer Service Representative, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* which includes:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
Qualifications & Skills:
• Experience providing outstanding customer service by showcasing expertise, fostering trust and growing customer satisfaction
• An effective communicator who understands the importance of listening and being empathetic
• Ability to work and grow in a fast-paced, high-volume call center environment
• Willingness to learn new skills and ability to adjust to changes quickly
• Open to feedback to support your performance and development
• Solid computer and multi-tasking skills
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; college degree or currently pursuing preferred
• Benefits may be different by location.
Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service. • *Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants