Insurance Claims Service Representative- Lakeland, Fl
Salary: $16.29 per hour, $32,805 annual
Salary with a 220/620/2044 Florida Insurance License or equivalent: $17.28 per hour, $34,805 annual
Salary with a Bachelor’s Degree: $18.27 per hour, $36,805 annual
Start date: Now interviewing for August and September Classes!
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates will be required to work in our Lakeland, FL office.
At GEICO, our associates are the heart of the company. We’re looking for Claims Service Representatives for our Lakeland, FL office who are compassionate, solution-oriented, and have a passion for customer service. We’re seeking outstanding associates who want to kick start a fulfilling career with one of the fastest-growing auto insurers in the U.S.
In this role, you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers after they experience an accident, collecting facts necessary for the claim and reviewing policy contracts. Our policyholders will count on your patience and attention to detail to begin the claims process and settle undisputed non-injury claims. No two days or accidents are alike, and our Claims Service Representatives rise to the challenge and provide excellent service and advise claimants of the next steps to get them back on the road. You’ll have the support and guidance of your team and supervisor, not only as you learn the ropes, but also as you continue to grow in your role.
This job is a great fit for current or future students, or people who are continuous life learners, as Claims Service Representatives are consistently challenged to learn more and increase their knowledge of our industry and company. Plus, GEICO encourages a promote-from-within culture, so there is plenty of room to grow your career and be rewarded for your hard work and determination.
Bring your passion for helping others and a desire to make an impact and start a rewarding career with GEICO today!
As a full-time Claims Service Representative, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
Required for Remote Work:
- A quiet workplace so you can focus on delivering excellent service to our customers
- Must live in a location that can leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Minimum upload speed 5 MB/s, preferred upload speed 25 MB/
- Minimum download speed 25 MB/s, preferred download speed 50 MB/s
- Candidates must provide and meet all technical requirements prior to the first day of training
- Candidates must live within driving distance of the office location and be able to regularly commute to and from the office location as needed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Outstanding customer service skills and/or experience
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, high-volume call center
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, college degree or currently pursuing preferred
Government Employees Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Lakeland
Job: CSR Claims